The first term of 2016/17 has been a very successful and positive one for the Friary PTA. We have had many new members join us, received fantastic support from the School and have done lots of fundraising.
Our £10,000 target for the year seemed ambitious, but we have succeeded in raising over half of it in this term!
• The bars at the brilliant Billy Elliot shows raised a total profit of £1,692 – more than ever before I believe
• We have received £250 in business sponsorship – a small group is working on developing this idea for roll out in 2017
• The Xmas raffle, something we have not done for many years, has been incredibly successful and raised £3,336. The raffle was boosted by the donation of a Segway, used to encourage ticket sales
• The School held a Non-Uniform Day on the 9th Dec raising £348 for the PTA
• A Bag to School textile collection earlier in the term raised £144
• We held a raffle at the Tempest Ford music event on 15th December raising £130
• A brave but merry group of us joined the Lichfield Round Table on their Santa sleigh collection and raised £500 – which goes into the pot and gets divided between all participating charities in January
That gives a fundraising total for the term of a whopping £5,900! (plus whatever we are allocated by the Round Table in January)
A massive thank you to everyone on the PTA for their help, to the School for their invaluable support and hard work, and to everyone who has contributed to our fundraising.
Let’s keep this momentum going, we have lots in the fundraising calendar for 2017. The first PTA meeting of the New Year is on Thurs 19th Jan at 6.30pm and don’t forget to start organising your quiz teams for Thursday 2nd Feb!!
I hope you all have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year.