The definition for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children (2015)’ is:
- protecting children from maltreatment.
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development.
- ensuring children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care.
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcome.
The Friary School takes our safeguarding role very seriously and the safety and welfare of our students is always our first priority.Our Safeguarding Policy is available on the Policies section of the school website.If you have any safeguarding concerns about any student at The Friary School, or any other child, then your key contacts are:
- Designated Safeguarding Lead – Ian Rose
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead – Steve Neale
- Nominated Governor for Safeguarding – Jamie Checkland
- Headteacher – Matt Allman
- Chair of Governors – Iain Liston Brown
All of the school representatives can be contacted via school reception (Tel – 01543 267 400). Alternatively, if you are seeking to report a concern outside of school hours, then your contacts are:
- First Response – 0800 1313126
- Out of Hours Emergency – 0345 604 2886
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org